My Photo
Name:

I'm working full time at a major auction site and payment processing company.

March 17, 2006

Lots of new projects

I started a bunch of new projects this week, they aren't going to look like much yet, but I'm hoping they all turn out well. I'm almost done with all of the baby knitting for the babies that the sexes are known for. Still waiting to find out the sex of my cousin's second baby and my SIL's second one. They both go the end of the month so we all can't wait. Since I've never actually finished a pair of socks yet, I decided that knitting baby ones for gifts was going to have to wait. The twins in California will be getting a Blue Sky Organic cotton baby hat and a Baby Bolero (made of the same cotton). I got the Baby Bolero pattern from the new One Skein book. It is a really cool book.

The next new projects is a pair of socks knit on two circulars both at the same time. I had a lot of help from Heather on these, especially getting started. It didn't matter to me that both of them didn't exactly match, that makes them more unique. They are coming along quite nicely. Going to be a really simple knit, K3P2 ribbing for the top and stockinette the rest of the way. I am knitting these in Sockotta in the purple/pink combo. I really like the pretty colors so far.

Last new project is the Tivoli. I'm knitting this out of Debbie Bliss Cathay in the teal color, I figure it will be a nice spring/summer color, should be a quick knit since it is knit in the round. I'm not so good at seaming so this is definitely my style.

Not much else is going on, I work the next two nights and we aren't watching Madi today, she is going to be headed to Payson to try to find some snow with her parents. I was trying to convince Nick that we should do the same, but he just wants to veg out at home today.

Less than one week until registration for CKU-Albums in San Jose.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, you have lots of great projects going on! I do the same thing, it's hard for me to work on just one at a time.
Glad to hear you like that One Skien book, I may pick it up this weekend :)

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~TJ
(sorry again)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Creative Genius? said...

Cool - that baby bolero is on my list of things to do - let me know what you think of it!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home