My Photo
Name:

I'm working full time at a major auction site and payment processing company.

June 13, 2007

Wonderful Craftiness this week

And it is only Wednesday morning. This week I was supposed to have been headed to California to photography my friend Deb's new baby. She ended up needing some more recovery time so we postponed the trip for two weeks. Instead I got out of the house for a few hours each of the days that I would have been gone. I got to hang out with the boys and Nick, plus do some crafty things as well. Monday, I went to a little scrapbook store down the street and did a few pages and some Father's Day cards. On Tuesday, I met Wannabe for some knitting at Starbucks and then ran a few errands after that. Knitting was so much fun, we just talked and talked, hardly got any knitting done, but that is usually what happens. I talked about casting on for Twinkle Toes and when I got home, that is exactly what I did. Here is what I have this morning,


It is Artyarns Supermerino in color 127, using size 4's. I've never done a toe up sock before so I have already learned so much, it was so much fun to watch this on Tivo about 10 times to really understand. Thank goodness for Tivo.

Bummer of the week is that the boys both came down with fevers and colds yesterday. Jared basically didn't really catch it, but Nathan has, oh the joys of being a few years younger. Shouldn't hinder them too much, nothing that a bit of Tylenol can't solve.

Oh, and when I do go back to Cali in two weeks, we are all going out together for the two days. It will be a super quick trip especially since 12 hours out of the two days will be spent in the minivan, but it will be so much fun to see them and get to go to the beach for a quick little trip.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wannabe said...

I love those. Can you bring them on Saturday so I can get a look?

It was fun knitting with you yesterday!

I hope the boys feel better!

1:05 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Pretty socks! And I so wish I could have been there to join you two. I miss you both!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Kent said...

Oh I got excited for a moment with you mentinoed Cali but it seems like you will be in So Cal. Those socks will look so cute - I love your yarn choice!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home