My Photo
Name:

I'm working full time at a major auction site and payment processing company.

October 10, 2007

Apple Festival at Slide Rock

We went up to the Slide Rock Apple Festival over the weekend. It was a lot of fun. It wasn't quite what I was expecting it to be, but that didn't matter once we got going and the kids starting having such a good time. By the time Sunday rolled around there were no more apples on the trees, which was the disappointing part, but we got kettle corn, played in the hay maze and went down to Slide Rock. I had actually never been there. I know this may sound crazy to some that know that I am a native, but we just never did that. We went to Sedona a lot, but it was mainly for hiking and playing in the creek. Slide Rock is going to be a lot of fun when the kids are much older, right now they aren't the best of swimmers and I'm afraid they would get carried away and not be able to get out of the water. Mom fear to the max.

Here are the pics of our day:






1 Comments:

Blogger Kent said...

Looks like a fun place. We missed doing our "apple" activity - going to Gilroy to an orchard and picking apples. They only do it in September.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home