My Photo
Name:

I'm working full time at a major auction site and payment processing company.

August 30, 2008

North Carolina, day 1



I got the boys next door to Marcie's and Heather was already at my house waiting to take me to the airport. I got to the airport with plenty of time to spare, which was actually needed because something got screwy in between United and UsAir. I booked the flight through United, but it was a codeshare with USair with no leg of my flight actually on United. I was supposed to go to USAir, but they didn't have my reservation, it had gotten cancelled in their system, funny because I had paid an obscene amount for the ticket. I called United and got the USAir ticket number that was being requested and all was better in the world. I also had them fix the return flight to make sure I wasn't going to have any problems. Also glad I had gotten the ticket before July 9th because that was when they started charging the $15 for the first bag. The flight was totally fine, just under 4 hours, got tons of knitting done,



Got to Charlotte, right down to baggage claim and the luggage was starting to come out, very quick. Took a cab to the hotel that Dayle, John and I stayed at the first night. We decided that it wouldn't be in our best interest to drive two hours at night after being in airplanes all day. That and renting the car on Wed would have been price prohibitive. We got the weekend rate for waiting 12 hours, so that is what we did. Slept great that night and got up bright and early to head back to the airport to rent the car. More updates and tons of photos for Day 2.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Have a good trip!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home