Hendersonville Day 2
Day 2 started with Dayle, John and I heading back to the airport to get the rental car. I was the driver since I was going to have to drive back at the butt crack of dawn on Sunday morning. I like driving, then I don't get carsick. I'm usually okay if I ride shotgun, but always much better if I drive. The drive was beautiful. The freeways instead of seeing rocks and cactus, all trees everywhere. There were even trees in the median, nicely maintained and everything (no pictures of that tho). We got into Hendersonville and got settled in. This was my room, #8, Narcissus. It was the prettiest muted pink, very girly, perfectly quiet.


Then I went with Elisabet's sister, Teresa to Chimney Rock.


She said it was definitely something that I had to see. I trusted her, had she told me I would have been taken through switchbacks through the mountains I would have passed. The ride up was fine, I was bothered at all, we got out and it started sprinkling. I didn't care, it was beautiful. Of course with all of the rain that they had just had the previous day, the elevator that takes you to the top was out of order. It would be 26 flights of stairs up the mountain. We went for it. I made it halfway, no way I was going to make it all the way to the top and still be walking around the next day. I stayed put at a super nice lookout, Vista Point. This is the picture that I took from that lookout. This is Lake Lure, who's recent claim to fame is that it was the filming location for Dirty Dancing.

I rode up front for the ride back down and was doing everything in my power to keep from throwing up. It was very touch and go for most of the way down. Deep even breathing and lots of swearing under my breath.
We had the rehearsal after that at the church, just a few little glitches, but all was good in the end, it was a really pretty church. Elisabet has much more info about the church than I do, but this church is where she went as a child, with her school being across the street.

Then back to the Inn on Church St for the Rehearsal Dinner. It was buffet style, perfect for our small group, loaded up with lots of local favorites. We had cornbread, mashed potatoes,fried chicken, BBQ pork sandwiches, fried okra, local fresh veggies, then the desserts were to die for. Apple pie, an apple, raspberry and peach cobbler and pecan pie,all with whipped cream and ice cream for the toppings. Sorry, no pictures of the food itself, it was gone way too quick. Oh and the sweet tea is so good. I had never had tea sweetened already, it was amazing stuff.
We took Elisabet out for a little bar hopping that night, kinda hard to do when there are very few bars in such a small downtown area. We had to really coordinate so that we didn't go to the same bar that Courtney and the guys were going to. We ended up at an upscale bar/restaurant. Their specialities were different kinds of martinis. I had a Spiced Pear, it was so yummy. We played Wii bowling and then came back to the room to pass out, the day was very tiring for all of us. It was so neat to be able to walk downtown and then back to the Inn and never have to do any driving of any sort.
Elisabet and her sister Teresa.

We are all holding Brian, her man of honor.


Then I went with Elisabet's sister, Teresa to Chimney Rock.


She said it was definitely something that I had to see. I trusted her, had she told me I would have been taken through switchbacks through the mountains I would have passed. The ride up was fine, I was bothered at all, we got out and it started sprinkling. I didn't care, it was beautiful. Of course with all of the rain that they had just had the previous day, the elevator that takes you to the top was out of order. It would be 26 flights of stairs up the mountain. We went for it. I made it halfway, no way I was going to make it all the way to the top and still be walking around the next day. I stayed put at a super nice lookout, Vista Point. This is the picture that I took from that lookout. This is Lake Lure, who's recent claim to fame is that it was the filming location for Dirty Dancing.

I rode up front for the ride back down and was doing everything in my power to keep from throwing up. It was very touch and go for most of the way down. Deep even breathing and lots of swearing under my breath.
We had the rehearsal after that at the church, just a few little glitches, but all was good in the end, it was a really pretty church. Elisabet has much more info about the church than I do, but this church is where she went as a child, with her school being across the street.

Then back to the Inn on Church St for the Rehearsal Dinner. It was buffet style, perfect for our small group, loaded up with lots of local favorites. We had cornbread, mashed potatoes,fried chicken, BBQ pork sandwiches, fried okra, local fresh veggies, then the desserts were to die for. Apple pie, an apple, raspberry and peach cobbler and pecan pie,all with whipped cream and ice cream for the toppings. Sorry, no pictures of the food itself, it was gone way too quick. Oh and the sweet tea is so good. I had never had tea sweetened already, it was amazing stuff.
We took Elisabet out for a little bar hopping that night, kinda hard to do when there are very few bars in such a small downtown area. We had to really coordinate so that we didn't go to the same bar that Courtney and the guys were going to. We ended up at an upscale bar/restaurant. Their specialities were different kinds of martinis. I had a Spiced Pear, it was so yummy. We played Wii bowling and then came back to the room to pass out, the day was very tiring for all of us. It was so neat to be able to walk downtown and then back to the Inn and never have to do any driving of any sort.
Elisabet and her sister Teresa.

We are all holding Brian, her man of honor.


1 Comments:
Looks like fun so far!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home