I got out of the house today
Today is really the first day since Nick started blackjack training that I have gotten out of the house without the kids. Damn, did it feel good. Nick didn't have anything that needed to get done today so I got to leave for most of the day. Of course I didn't get organized and out of the house until 10:30, but I didn't have to be back until 4. His training starts at 6 and we had an just a tad bit early Hanukkah candle lighting so we could be together. I started out of course by calling my mom and she met me at Fiber Factory. She needed a tapestry needle so it was a good excuse to meet up. I had a little bit of store credit that was burning a hole in my wallet but I did need some yarn for baby projects. I just got an email from my cousin that she is expected their second child, then my SIL is due at the same time and our friends in California are having twins. Since the twins are the only ones that the sex is known on so far, they are the only ones that I bought for. As luck would have it, I got to buy pink and blue yarn for them.
I can't divulge what I'm making, but whatever it is will be made out of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I can't wait to get started knitting with that yarn. While we were there, my mom spotted the display of SWTC Mariposa. I nonchalantly said that I have plenty of yarn, Optimum DK that would be great for that project. She is going to knit it for me (or at least die trying). Does anyone happen to have the pattern? It isn't downloadable from SWTC and my mom is ancy to get started.
For the second part of my day, I scrapbooked at Scrapbooks, ETC. Even though I do work for Recollections, Scrapbooks ETC is my favorite store for finding new products. Since they also own Bazzill Basics Paper, I can always count on new goodies. I got three pages done and feel good about scrapbooking again. After getting through the holiday projects, I just wasn't motivated at all during the last month to scrapbook the stockpile of photos that I have. I randomly picked out a few photos this morning and packed my Mimi tote and headed out the door. Here is what I made:


I can't divulge what I'm making, but whatever it is will be made out of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I can't wait to get started knitting with that yarn. While we were there, my mom spotted the display of SWTC Mariposa. I nonchalantly said that I have plenty of yarn, Optimum DK that would be great for that project. She is going to knit it for me (or at least die trying). Does anyone happen to have the pattern? It isn't downloadable from SWTC and my mom is ancy to get started. For the second part of my day, I scrapbooked at Scrapbooks, ETC. Even though I do work for Recollections, Scrapbooks ETC is my favorite store for finding new products. Since they also own Bazzill Basics Paper, I can always count on new goodies. I got three pages done and feel good about scrapbooking again. After getting through the holiday projects, I just wasn't motivated at all during the last month to scrapbook the stockpile of photos that I have. I randomly picked out a few photos this morning and packed my Mimi tote and headed out the door. Here is what I made:




3 Comments:
Hi there! I have a copy of Mariposa somewhere. I can make you a copy - now where did I put it??
Feels great to get out doesn't it?????
Looking forward to seeing you on a Tuesday in the near future!
i might have a copy... although i too need to find it... let me know if kirsten doesn't have it and I'll search my stash for it!
Post a Comment
<< Home