311 Music
Last night was the 311 concert. It rocked. Okay, so I haven't seen any bands play since U2 before I was pregnant with Jared, but this concert was really good. Nick and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The crowd was awesome, totally mixed age groups, there were folks who have been listening to them for over 10 years and we saw a few fans who were only 8-10 years old. So cute. So one thing that I have to say was, ya know how everyone would hold up a cigarette lighter for the slow song, well now it is holding up your open cell phone. Nick and I just looked at each other and laughed. Of course we both held up our phones as well. Nick got one picture (his camera phone is better than mine), but I don't know where I put his memory card adapter. His phone has the smallest removable little memory card in it so you need an adapter to actually view the pictures on the computer. I'll find it today and load a picture. The weather outside was amazing, I'm so glad that it rained yesterday, it really made the concert much more enjoyable. Granted I would have enjoyed it in 100 degree weather, but 80 is so much nicer. That and we only had a 15 minute drive home from Mesa Amphitheater. Love that venue, we have seen many a show there from Sting to Tool to Cypress Hill. Nice and small, I think it is 4000 people max, just enough to have a perfect crowd.
Obviously no knitting was done last night.
I did make Madi a super cute little tiara for her birthday party this weekend. I gave it to her the other day, but didn't get a picture of it, I'll take one on Saturday during her party.
Obviously no knitting was done last night.
I did make Madi a super cute little tiara for her birthday party this weekend. I gave it to her the other day, but didn't get a picture of it, I'll take one on Saturday during her party.


2 Comments:
311 are my favorite band of all time to see LIVE! Our turn for a concert is tomorrow night and I just can't wait! It's our yearly outing in the fall. Our venue sounds about the same size as yours. Nice & Small with a view of the ocean from the higher seats in the bowl. THe marine layer rolls in and it's always perfect weather! I.am.so.excited.
Cool -glad you got to get out and do something fun. Yeah - my jaw dropped when I realized I was old and from the "lighter" generation. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home