My Photo
Name:

I'm working full time at a major auction site and payment processing company.

January 22, 2007

First pair of socks are done


It took me forever to get the first sock done, probably about two months (it wasn't the only project I was working on though), the second sock only took about a week. In fact I knit most of it while on the planes to and from Florida visiting my grandparents. I just finished the toe last night, they fit really good. I'm totally hooked, not that I have a choice, I love sock yarn.

Now I can work on some other UFO's, namely the Not your Standard Issue Sweatshirt, Version 2. I definitely want to get it done before it gets warm again.

Jared's 100th day of school was today and they are having a celebration, each kid is bringing in 100 of something and they will be doing math all day. Jared picked out mini marshmallows as his 100. It was hilarious to watch him count. He was counting them by two's, but would on purpose (mathematically impossible, I know) get 11 in each pile so he could eat the extras. We are so proud of him, counting by two's, ten's and even 100's.

3 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Hey! Those came out great. Bravo! And way to go Jared.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

The socks look great!

And hooray for Jared and being able to count by 11's!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Kent said...

So cute!! I finished my first pair and need to post a pic. I am totally hooked too and started my second pair.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home